(732) 379-8617 info@eyetlaw.com

Immigration Law

The prospect of beginning a new life in the United States can feel thrilling and full of possibilities, but immigration law is complex. 

The processes can often be frustrating, complicated by red tape, changing legislation, and concerns about your future—but you don’t have to navigate it alone.

Eyet Law can help you through your immigration journey, providing knowledgeable legal support that will accompany you every step of the way.

How Eyet Law helps:

Insight and problem-solving skills. There are many ways to approach legal situations. We analyze every option available to help you work towards positive outcomes for your unique situation.

Extensive legal experience. Our team has years of legal experience and knowledge that we draw upon to assist you in all legal matters.

Commitment to our clients. Our clients are more to us than just customers. From the moment we take on a case, we endeavor to ensure that our client’s needs are met—not just with an eye toward today and the immediate hurdles, but with a focus on the future.

Ways we help our clients

We know that immigration can be a complicated and time-consuming process. We work with clients on issues like:

Bringing a fiancé(e) to the U.S. if they are from overseas

Applying for fiancé(e) visas may seem like a straightforward process, but many issues can arise when dealing with all the requirements that come with applying. We work with clients to cut through the red tape and ensure that getting their visa is as painless as possible.

Finding out how to become eligible for a green card

If you’re looking to become a green card holder, it can be challenging to know if you’re even eligible. We’ll help you determine what your options are and how you can move forward on your path to becoming a U.S. resident.

Bringing family to the U.S. from overseas

If you’re a U.S. citizen and want to bring your family to the U.S. from overseas, there are a few different options available depending on the type of relative you wish to bring. One of our seasoned attorneys will guide you through the process to make sure that you’re applying for the correct visa or green card to avoid complications or visa rejections.

Why choose Eyet Law for your immigration matters?

We understand how important it is for you and your family to identify and achieve your immigration objectives. We take extra steps to understand your needs, explain what you can expect throughout the process, and inform you of any additional steps you can take to ensure a smooth application process.

Moreover, Eyet Law is knowledgeable in a wide range of other areas of the law that immigrants may encounter once they are in the U.S., such as tax planning, estate planning, and business formation. Our team is at your service to assist you with navigating these often complex and challenging waters on the journey toward citizenship and prosperity in the U.S.

If the challenge exists, so must the solution.

– Rona Minarik

Immigration Law FAQs

Should I hire an immigration lawyer?

Immigration laws in the U.S. can be complex and confusing. Hiring an immigration lawyer can help make the process move forward more easily so that you don’t have to worry about applications being rejected, unexpected requirements or costs, or other time-consuming delays.

How can I extend my visa?

Extending your visa in the United States requires planning ahead. You must file for an extension before your authorized stay expires using Form I-539. It is essential to do this before your visa has expired, because if you overstay your visa, you may be at risk of deportation and be barred from returning to the U.S.

Before you apply for a visa extension, it may be helpful to speak with an experienced immigration attorney. They can walk you through the requirements for the application and help you determine if you are qualified for an extension.

How can I bring my fiancé(e) to the U.S. from overseas?
You will need to apply for a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa. Once your fiancé(e) enters the U.S., they are eligible to work. Note that you must be a U.S. citizen to apply for a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa, as Green Card holders are not eligible to file a petition for this type of visa.
What are the common ways to become eligible for a Green Card?
  • Through family (marriage, parents, children, or siblings)
  • Through employment (permanent employment, investors, or extraordinary ability)
  • Through refugee or asylee status
How long does it take to get a green card for a spouse or family member?

There’s no hard and fast rule for how long it takes to get a green card, but here are some estimates:

  • The process for a marriage green card can take anywhere from one year to 22 months if you are a U.S. citizen, or 18 to 36 months if you are a current green card holder
  • Parents of U.S. citizens generally get their green cards within one to two years of applying
  • Children of U.S. citizens who are under 21 years old usually get their green cards within one to two years of applying
How can a green card application be denied?

A green card application could be denied for many reasons, including:

  • Missing documents
  • Insufficient financial resources
  • Failure to provide translations
  • Missing information in forms
  • Photos that don’t meet government requirements
  • Missing signatures
  • Failure to establish a valid marriage

Working with an experienced immigration attorney can help you successfully navigate the complex process of applying for visas or green cards and help you move closer to your goal of residency in the U.S. while avoiding any mistakes or time-consuming delays.

To help you along your immigration journey,